Friday 3 July 2009

Rock and Rule

I'd been due to go to London today to celebrate a friend's birthday. Marco turns 30 and he's heading to St James' Park to kick things off this afternoon.

Yesterday I found out that the mum who usually picks up K from school (when Mrs Snoop is not around) is herself busy and could do with a little help. Not much, just needs someone to pick up her daughter. What's a boy to do?

I dropped marco a note explaining I had a kindness I wanted to repay which meant I could no longer attend and to say sorry about that.

Here's marco's lovely reply:

"It is important to repay kindness, as without mums we'd be lost. There was this old saying (19th century perhaps) that goes: the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."

I reckon marco's party will be a real blast, and I can't wait for a walking home from school ice cream come four o'clock.

1 comment:

eccemarco said...

Loved it! thanks, for a 30yrs old man! :D
-marco